An important aspect of our work is how we proactively represent our members and our area with decision makers. Business in Marylebone does not always get the focus and attention of other West End locations so our role is to ensure your voices are heard. We also help to strike the balance of both residential and businesses views being represented.
Priorities for the next five years include:
- The proposed transformation of Oxford Street – working with TfL and WCC to ensure this strategic vision works for our area
- Air Quality – we continue to press for accelerated changes to emissions charging, cleaner bus and taxi fleets and a diesel scrappage scheme
- Together with our neighbouring BID’s, where possible we will lobby for Police resourcing in our areas to be reviewed
- The proposed reform of business rates and local government funding
There are a wide range of groups, forums and boards that we frequently participate in, including planning groups, policing, transport and local government policy groups. Where appropriate we also join forces with our BID colleagues in Westminster and central London to add weight to our arguments.
We are part of the following groups, on our members behalf:
- Marylebone Forum
- Police Safer Neighbourhood Panel
- Westminster City Council and BIDs Senior Liaison Group
- Westminster Operations Group
- GLA London BID Forum
- TfL BIDs Forum
- West End Partnership
If you have a particular interest in our Collective Voice work or would like to discuss any issues please contact us [email protected]
We post all consultation responses in our Latest Happenings section.