The sole purpose of the BakerStreetQ team is to support our businesses and our community. We are always here for you and...
How To Help The Vulnerable In And Around the Quarter
We know that many of you want to get out there and do what you can for our vulnerable, including the elderly, homeless and those in in food poverty. Here are some ways you can help the most vulnerable in and around the Quarter – even if you are stuck at home for now.
Charities supporting the vulnerable, including the homeless, are currently in desperate need of extra funds to support their operations – in particular, for deliveries, shelter, fuel and food:
– Foodcycle has moved from providing hot meals at St Paul’s church for the vulnerable to providing a takeaway/delivery service. Donate here.
– North Paddington Food Bank – particularly needs funds for fuel for deliveries and food. Donate here
– Fareshare – a charity which collects food from hotels and other businesses and redistributes to those in need. Donate here
– WLM Seymour Place Night Centre – which helps homeless people who are close to the job market or already working but can’t afford to pay rent and live in their own accommodation – has been suspended in consultation with Westminster City Council, with all service users being redirected to a hotel with all their expenses covered by WLM. Please consider donating to help them continue to provide services to these very vulnerable groups during this period. Donate here
Perhaps consider donating your train fare for this week if you’re working from home?
Please do get in touch with our Smarter Giving Manager, Kate if:
- You are based locally and would like to volunteer your time to assist with deliveries and practical support
- You are unable to get in to the Quarter but interested in volunteering your time to call the elderly or isolated
We are co-ordinating with our local charities, Westminster City Council, local residents and the Marylebone Association to ensure assistance is focused where it is most needed.
Missed Our Weekly Newsletter?
Also in News
How You Can Help During Coronavirus Our local charities are doing a valiant job helping the vulnerable people in our ...