Supporting Virtual Work Experience
Would you like to enhance the future of a local young person by getting involved in a virtual work experience programme? Perhaps your business has always wanted to support a young adult with work experience but hasn’t had the time or resources? Now’s your chance to help the next generation – online from the office or from your home.
Organisation 2-3 Degrees, in association with the Young Westminster Foundation, helps young people with their personal development through its Mastering My Future programme. As part of this, London education charity Inspire is hosting Virtual Work Experience, a week-long online-only scheme.
The programme is targeted at supporting young people in the area get job-ready and ultimately find long-term work. This is particularly important in the current climate, with unemployment increasing.
Organisers are looking for businesses to:
* Create a Careers Pathway Video offering career guidance on varied topics such as career routes and job application tips
* Contribute tasks for a Work-Based Project element
* Contribute advice to virtual workshops e.g. CV writing, confidence-building and giving presentations
* Give virtual career talks
* Provide mentorship through a weekly call – if you can make a longer-term commitment
If you think you can help make a real difference to a young person’s future, email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
If you would like to support other local charities you can find more opportunities here.
Missed Our Weekly Newsletter?
Also in News
The Pride in London parade will be held on Saturday 2nd July, from Hyde Park Corner to Trafalgar Square with further fes...