Business Support and Advice Hub
BakerStreetQ is producing and developing programmes to support your business during coronavirus:
Supporting you working from home – with an online platform to keep the Quarter connected with top tips on working from home to online wellbeing classes
Supporting local retailers – a directory of retailers that are still up and running during this period
How you can help – signposting and facilitating support to key workers, local charities, groups and volunteers
Safety and Security – our security services are focusing on teams and businesses still operating in the area as well as monitoring empty and vulnerable sites. We are also providing regular security updates via our Incident Alert System.
Government Financial Support for Businesses
- Information to help businesses find out how to access the support that has been made available, who is eligible, when the schemes open and how to apply here.
- Information on deferral of VAT payments here.
- Coronavirus WhatsApp Information Service – add 07860 064422 in your phone contacts and then message the word ‘hi’ in a WhatsApp to get started.
- HMRC Business Support Helpline – 0800 024 1222
- Westminster City Council advice and guidance for business, residents & volunteering here.
- The London Growth Hub have launched a new portal to support London-based businesses and employers manage and mitigate their exposure to coronavirus
- For small businesses that need support the Mayor of London has launched Pay It Forward, a crowdfunding initiative to help local businesses to secure trade by pre-selling vouchers, goods and services. london.gov.uk/pay-it-forward
Information on Business Rates – Business rates holiday for all retail, leisure and hospitality businesses: You will shortly, or may already have received your 2020/21 Business Rate bill – this will show the levels of business rate prior to the new relief announcements. The Council will be writing to businesses that are affected by the enhanced reliefs as soon as possible. Business rates accounts will be adjusted where necessary and revised business rates bills will be issued.
Advice for Businesses
Guidance for employers and businesses:
- Government guidance here
- Workplace information for social distancing measures and new “COVID-19 Secure” guidelines here
- Seddons Law LLP essential information on furloughing staff here
- Seddons Law LLP summary on changes to the coronavirus job retention scheme here
- Seddons Law LLP summary on four month furlong extension 12 May here
Guidance for Personnel Security during coronavirus:
Centre for the Protection of National Infrastructure has provided the following:
Other important information:
- NHS advice here
- Working from home advice here
- Mental health and wellbeing advice here
- Information from Transport for London here
- Information from Transport for London on plans to help London travel safely and sustainably here
- Information from Chiltern Railways
- Police advice on empty premises and anti-social behaviour here
Webinars to support recovery and re-occupation
West End Resilience LIVE series – every Thursday
The weekly West End Resilience LIVE series, brought to you by New West End Company & Microsoft Live Events, celebrates the strength, sustainability, resilience and future of the WestEnd. They are bringing together businesses and employees during these unprecedented times with a selection of inspiring speakers to offer stimulating and engaging information, while keeping you informed about trends and policies that are shaping the future of the West End. More information available here.
Webinar with Knight Frank
Learn more about the Knight Frank Re-Occupancy Roadmap as well as the 12 Dynamics that are shaping the future of real estate and the workplace as we move into the AC (after corona) world. This is suitable for any office occupier of any size. You will hear from Neil McLocklin, Head of European Consulting Practice and Dr Lee Elliot, Global Head of Occupier Research. Webinar available here.
Knight Frank Readiness Survey – takes 2-3 minutes to complete
The key unknown in all this is when we will start to return. The government will be guided by science, but a consideration will be how prepared businesses are to ensure the safeguards and protocols are in place to create a safe workplace for staff and mitigate any risk of a second wave of infection. To help inform the government Knight Frank want to find out how prepared UK office based businesses are and would appreciate 2-3 minutes of your time in answering this short survey (or passing on to the appropriate person in your business). The survey follows the Knight Frank Re-Occupancy Roadmap as a basis to evaluate preparedness. All responses will be confidential.
Recovery Readiness: A How-to Guide for Reopening your Workplace by Cushman Wakefield
An outline of some of the best practice to reopening the workplace compiled by thousands of international professionals. The recommended information in this guide has been successfully implemented across the globe here
Office Social Distancing Advice from Colliers International
Colliers International are offering a 48 hour turnaround service on recommendations on social distancing in your workplace. Also to help you with re-occupancy they have created an Office Social Distancing Calculator which calculates the number of work stations your employees will be able to occupy in line with social distancing advice.
Webinar: Colliers Back to Work Navigator – The Great Return
Listen in as their experts across Europe share insights and in-depth research on the evolution and management of the virus across countries, the lockdown exit strategies in place and the implications on multiple real estate markets. Access to this webinar and others ranging from information for office occupiers to the hospitality industry are available here
Social Distancing Guide for Non-Food Retail Stores by British Retail Consortium and URDAW
A guide for retailers on how to implement government advice on social distancing in retail is available here