Mental Health and Wellbeing
Dance Yoga with gem & i yoga
12.30 – 1.15pm, Tuesday 15 June
Celebrate your lunch break with London based Yoga Teacher Gemma Bolger.
Gem teaches a feel good yoga flow, choreographed to a well-known song. This uplifting session combines the benefits of yoga and breath work, with all the endorphins of a dance class. For this fun and energising class, some yoga experience would be helpful, however everybody is welcome! You will need a yoga mat or soft surface to practice on and clothes you can move and wiggle comfortably in. No pressure to move like Darcy Bussell, this is a really fun and low pressure workshop.
“I always perform the routine like I’m on stage and this makes me giggle. Gem’s yoga dance class is the highlight of my week. ” – A regular participant of Gem’s online Weekday Wake Up
Mental Health First Aid Course
Tuesday - Thursday 15 - 17 June
This online course qualifies you as a Mental Health First Aider, giving you:
- An in-depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support – whether that’s self-help resources, through their employer, the NHS, or a mix
This course is delivered online and is made up of individual learning activities and a series of four live instructor-led sessions. Individual learning will be based on a combination of videos, workbook activities and reading. This can be completed at your own pace in advance of each live session. The live sessions are led by an approved MHFA England Instructor and are interactive, involving presentation of slides, video clips, activities, discussion and case studies, which you will explore as a group to embed learning. Please see the timings of the live sessions below:
- Before the live sessions begin you will need to do some set up online and some pre learning which will take 1 hour
- Live session 1: 9:00am – 11.30am Tuesday 15 June 2021 + 2 hour home learning
- Live session 2: 9:00am – 11.30am Wednesday 16 June 2021 + 2 hour home learning
- Live session 3: 9:00am – 11.30am Thursday 17 June 2021 + 2 hour home learning
- Live session 4: 2:00pm – 4.00pm Thursday 17 June 2021
If you have any questions about the course content or to book email us
Beyond The Rainbow with Sophie Cook
Wednesday 30 June 13.00 - 14.00
With extensive experience of working with organisations of all sizes Sophie Cook provides mental health and diversity and inclusion advice that helps businesses to work more effectively and be more cohesive through the power of shared experience and recognising the things that we have in common rather than those which divide us.
RAF veteran, writer, speaker, broadcaster, photographer, self harm and suicide survivor… and transgender. Dr Sophie Cook FRSA became the first transgender woman to work in football’s Premier League as club photographer for AFC Bournemouth following her transition from Steve to Sophie in the summer of 2015.
Sophie is an in-demand public speaker, delivering keynote talks internationally including a TEDx Talk on change, fear, vulnerability, diversity, mental health and LGBTQ+ workshops for high profile organisations such as JP Morgan, Virgin Media, Asda and Stonewall.
Sophie was presented with the Outstanding Contribution to LGBT+ Life Award at the 2020 British LGBT Awards.
Work From Home Tips
MIND – has a variety of resources on how you can help your colleagues and yourself during coronavirus whilst working at home.
West1 Physio – We teamed up with leading local physiotherapist and BakerStreetQ member West1 Physio for tips on how to stay fit when you’re working at home and how to set up your work space .
Mental Health Foundation – Whether you’re back at the workplace or working from home, the Mental Health Foundation has put together helpful advice on how to look after your mental health during this period of uncertainty.